Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day

Today is Saturday fourth of July and we are headed towards Long Beach. Apparently every suite is going to the beach and afterwards to see the amazing fireworks!

I started the day by arising at 8A.M to meet the rest of the girls from my suite to go to Long Beach.I was thrilled to have a day to bond and meet new people while enjoying the sun at the beautiful beach. Unfortunately I didn't pack a swimsuit and so I didn't get to swim but I did wet my feet for a good ten minutes. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the day on the sand. We spent about four hours at the beach before heading back to Columbia.

After we arrived on campus I quickly got dressed and ready to once again head out to see the fireworks. This time I decided tag along with Cristina and her Group to be able to meet new people. Before going to the park the group decided to get a bite to eat since the fireworks didn't start until 9P.M. We actually ended up eating dinner at a restaurant near the University. After everyone was finished eating and chitchatting we went for a bathroom stop before going to the park. Then when we finally made it to the park the fireworks started about ten minutes after our arrival. The day ended with pretty lights and celebration.

Today's trip definitely helped me with the friend making situation kind of thing. I met a girl from Colombia, Asia, and Brazil who seem to be very nice and overall very smart. In trips like these we, the student, have the opportunity to make new acquaintances in order to share each other's points of view on this whole college experience.

2 comments:

Don Gosney said...

Sofia,

This had to be a nice respite from your school work. I'm glad you had the chance to see some of the sights, meet some people and spend some time on the beach.

Charles Tillman Ramsey said...

Sofia,

I am glad that you are finding yourself and that you are bonding with people. Getting comfortable with your environment helps a great deal with the confidence. Now that you are secure in your feelings. I need to hear from you how you will bring this experience back to Richmond High School?

What have you learned about yourself and what will you discuss with Sue Kim? How do you see yourself in the context of going onto higher education knowing that it is incredibly rigorous and demands the majority of your attention. This week, I want you to sit down and really work with Ms. Lilhanand and the Chemistry tutor. They can help you and you will be a stronger student because of their help.

Hope all else is well and we look forward to your insightful comments. By the way, we all appreciate the well written post. It is great to see your improvement.

Take care.

Charles T. Ramsey, Esq.
School Board Member
West Contra Costa
Unified School District

Post a Comment