Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just an Update

I have yet to post my writings about Brown, but I shall once I gather my notes together. 
I am constantly thinking about how big of a difference it will be between Brown and Columbia. I have a feeling that the weather shall be the same, hot! Nevertheless I am curious about how the city itself will look up close. I hope I won't get lost!
With all the college visits and travel plans, I am so excited to not only seeing different areas of New York, but UPENN too. It's going to be really fun to get to meet June Chu, the director of the Pan-Asian American Community House (PAACH). I do not think Bertha will be there this summer, but her advice of "socialize" will definitely be a useful suggestion for anyone! 
I keep on thinking that Columbia is this week! Yet I still have one more week, thankfully since I have not quite packed everything yet. Anyways, I can't wait! 

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

Jessica,

I can imagine that upon seeing Columbia for the first time that ever present smile on your face may extend another couple of inches from ear to ear (which would make for a real Kodak moment).

Bertha's advice is universal, Jessica. There are those that sit along the sidelines waiting for things to happen to them and then there are the ones in the middle of the fray MAKING things happen. I'm reminded of a sng lyric that seems to fit:"... And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance. I hope you dance....I hope you dance."

Post a Comment