Friday, June 26, 2009

A Couple of Hours

It's the night before we leave for Columbia University, and I'm almost done packing. I don't think I'll get much sleep tonight because I'm excited and kind of nervous to go (on my own for three weeks, whoa!) and because of the early meeting in front of El Cerrito High School before 5 a.m.

It's my first time going to New York City, and I hope I'll get to enjoy the most populous city in the United States. I checked the forecast and it said there would be thunderstorms for a couple of days, kind of a bummer. One place I do hope to visit is the UN. I want to see the General Assembly Hall and items from different parts of the world.

Well, I guess I better get some sleep before I regret it. It baffles and excites me that in less than 24 hours I will be on the other side of the country.

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

Cristina,

You're heading east with the right attitude and that's a good start. It's a shame that we're throwing in all of that chemistry and biology. Just when you're having a good time someone wants to talk about chemical reactions and bioneutronics (I made that one up).

Study night and day, blog in your spare time and have a good time every chance you get.

Post a Comment